Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Are you a available ...?

"Yes", is how I reply when theUPM asked me if I can go to Las Vegas.
The Studio may want the producers to hire a local medic to save the
housing and per diem. The "Company" (this refers to the production
crew) moves to Vegas on Sept. 17.

The last time someone asked about my availability and I answered in
the affirmative it was for naught.

I'm prepared to seek other employment beginning next week. Why so
soon, you ask? The Construction crew moves to stage at Warner Bros.
and the studio has their own medics.

A movie on which I worked late last year is rumored to be preparing
for reshoots. That may work out for me.

This year is less busy than most and that has presented challenges and
opportunities. The days of Lifeguarding are welcome breaks.

We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

Be well.

No comments: