Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hours And Years

I was curious about how many hours I've worked and how many years
vested in this business. The Motion Picture Pension Fund informed me
that I have accumulated 32,700 hours and 12 years.

In order to get the full pension, one has to work 30 yrs AND 60,000
hrs. This averages out to 2,725 hrs/yr and I will have to keep up
that pace for the next 18 years to get the full benefits. The way
work is shaping up this year I won't work those hours. Even if the
work picks up, I don't think I want to start cranking out multple long
hours.

I can get lifetime medical in three more years but I don't see myself
working as a Medic at age 70.

The requirement of 30 years and 60,000 is difficult to reach and I
don't think younger people getting into the business will be able to
reach that threshold.

Be well.

No comments: